Mehtani Law Offices: Effective Class Action Attorneys in Los Angeles, CA
At Mehtani Law Offices our focus on employment law allows our class action attorneys in Los Angeles to pursue employers for their failures to pay their employees legally and properly, as outlined by the State of California Labor Commission’s Office, also known as the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement ("DLSE"). Our attorneys work in conjunction with employees whose rights have been or are currently being violated, based on the statutes of the California Labor Code and/or the U.S. Fair Labor Standard Act ("FLSA"), the latter of which are outlined by the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division. At Mehtani Law Offices our class action lawyers in Los Angeles, CA are regularly successful in state and federal courtrooms, and our firm has garnered our clients substantial financial settlements rightfully due to them by law.
What is a Class Action Lawsuit?Class action lawsuits, also known as representative actions or class suits, are lawsuits where one or a handful of individuals are named in a lawsuit as representatives of a larger, collective group of individuals. Simply put, an employment class action lawsuit is where an individual or individuals appear in a court filing to legally act on behalf of a group of absent parties to pursue a positive financial settlement for the entire group or class, as a result of their personally being damaged by employer breaches in wage and hour laws.
Mehtani Law Offices Demonstrates Heightened Success in Class Action LawsuitsAt Mehtani Law Offices, we represent employees in two primary types of representative actions:
1. Conventional wage and hour class action suits under state and/or federal employment and labor laws, including class actions suits for violation of the California Labor Code and/or The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). We bring class actions suits for all sorts of Labor Code and FLSA violations, such as claims for:
- Failure to pay minimum wage
- Failure to pay overtime pay
- Failure by employer to keep employee time and pay records
- Failure to provide meal and/or rest breaks
- Failure to pay accrued vacation pay upon separation of employment
- Failure to pay for donning and doffing time for uniformed employees
- Unlawful work time rounding cases
2. Wage and hour "PAGA", or Private Attorney General Act, lawsuit, which are legal actions allowing employees to sue for, and recover, civil penalties on behalf of the State of California Labor Commission.At Mehtani Law Offices our class action attorneys in Los Angeles, CA deliver results with each case we handle in state or federal jurisdictions. If you believe your employer is illegally disregarding or violating the wage and hour laws outlined by the State of California or in federal statutes, please contact our legal team today to discuss a list of requirements for establishing a class action lawsuit or PAGA lawsuit on behalf of your coworkers.
Class Action Lawsuit Requirements
At Mehtani Law Offices our recognized and aggressive class action lawyers will help you understand the specific criteria that must be met to bring a class action lawsuit against your employer. The criteria can include, but is not limited to:
- Numerosity: The class or group of people must be large, or numerous, such that the act of filing each individual's case separately is impractical, and thereby rendering a class action lawsuit more efficient
- Commonality: There must be questions of fact or law common to each person in the class
- Typicality: The defense, or claim, of the class representative must be typical of each person in the class
- Adequacy: The class representative must adequately and fairly protect the interests of each person in the class