Sexual Harassment Attorneys Beverly Hills & Rancho Cucamonga, CA
At Mehtani Law Offices our sexual harassment attorneys in Los Angeles, CA represent victims carefully, compassionately and assertively. Sexual harassment victims are protected by both federal and California state laws, and when an employer fails to provide a safe workplace that maintains our client’s civil rights, we take the accusations very seriously.
Sexual harassment claims can cause severe emotional pain, and often physical suffering. It is our duty to protect the Los Angeles community from such serious breaches of employee and labor rights. At Mehtani Law Offices our skilled team of attorneys will examine each aspect of your sexual harassment case and help you to assess its strengths and weaknesses with the goal of helping you recover from the insensitive and damaging actions of your assailant(s). We will not rest until you receive the financial compensation you deserve in order to get back on your feet.
Defining Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment victims can be applicants or employees of a public or private company, government organization, federal agency or an independent contractor.Sexual harassment is unwelcome or inappropriate conduct by one or more individuals towards an employee because of his or her sex, in any of the following forms:
- Direct threats related to unwanted sexual activity
- Bribes for sexual favors in exchange for employment opportunities
- Sexually charged or explicit comments/questions
- Offensive remarks regarding a person’s sex
- Attempted or actual sexual assault
- Repeatedly asking a person out for dates, or to have sex
- Touching, patting, stroking, squeezing, tickling, or brushing against a person
- Neck/shoulder rubbing, unwanted massaging
- Rating a person’s appearance or sexuality
- Sexually suggestive sounds or gestures
- Ogling or leering at another’s physical attributes
- Spreading rumors about another’s sexuality
- Sexual ridicule
- Frequent jokes about sex
- Letters, notes, telephone calls, or circulating material of a sexual nature
- Persistent displays of materials with sexually explicit or graphic content
It is also important to understand that you do not have to be the person at whom the conduct is directed to be subject to harassment and have a case against your employer. For example, if you are a woman and constantly observe your male boss sexually harassing your co-worker, you may have a separate claim for sexual harassment based on the fact that you too are a woman and have suffered emotionally merely on the basis of your witnesses your co-workers sexual harassment.
If you feel threatened at work by another whose behavior is sexually harassing, it is important for you to understand your rights. At Mehtani Law Offices, our sexual harassment lawyers in Los Angeles, CA work tirelessly to help victims overcome the damaging effects of harassing conduct. We will support you professionally and personally to ensure you receive the financial outcome you are entitled to while delivering the tools you need to rebuild your self-esteem and emotional character.If you have been subjected to sexually harassing conditions, it is important to know this behavior becomes illegal when the:
- Compliance with sexual conduct becomes a condition of your employment
- Frequency of the threats or sexually explicit actions create a hostile work environment
- Severity of the abuse generates an intimidating work atmosphere
Importantly, in order for conduct to be deemed sexual harassment, it must be severe and/or pervasive conduct. A single incident of misconduct is sometimes not enough to constitute sexual harassment.While all sexual harassment cases are different, the harassers in each circumstance can be your:
- Supervisor from another department, or area within the company
- Third-party visitors or independent contractors
If you believe you are being sexually harassed at work, it is important to notify us immediately to get the help you need. In cases where the harasser is a supervisor, it may be hard to report the abuse internally, and require an outside legal source to proceed with your claim. At Mehtani Law Offices, we will explain your rights clearly, and develop a strategic plan for helping you get your life back. The emotionally painful result of being sexually harassed can interrupt your happiness in every capacity – professionally, personally and socially. We can help you seek the retribution you are entitled to, and keep this menacing and illegal activity from happening to another.
Employer Sexual Harassment Involvement & Prevention
Many larger companies and government agencies have guidelines in place that address sexual harassment, and the course of action that will be taken when accusations are reported. However, smaller companies may not provide access to detailed consequence parameters that result when sexual harassment becomes an issue in the workplace.
Employees are protected federally from sexual harassment through the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and locally by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH).
These agencies allow the sexual harassment attorneys at Mehtani Law Offices to hold the offending parties responsible for their actions – even when the company does not have written protocols for accomplishing the same outcome.In fact, each of these laws – both federally and at the state level, require employers to:
- Take reasonable steps to prevent sexual harassment
- Define actions promptly correcting sexual harassment
- Reprimand and/or counsel the harassers accordingly
- Seek help for the harassed party
These reasonable steps can include:
- Issuing and distributing policies prohibiting sexual harassment
- Informing employees how to make a formal complaint
- Training managers to follow and enforce the rules
- Adequately investigate complaints when they are made
Employers have an obligation to safeguard their employees from sexually harassing actions in the workplace. If your employer is not taking reasonable steps to ensure your sexual harassment complaints is being taken seriously, it is time for you to contact our law firm to get the help you need. You do not have to work in a sexually hostile environment. Contact our sexual harassment attorneys today to find your way out and get the help you need. Experienced Los Angeles, CA Sexual Harassment Attorneys: Mehtani Law Offices
If you are subjected to offensive conduct at work or are a victim of sexual harassment, contact our skilled and aggressive Los Angeles, CA attorneys today at 310-776-3590. We can help you hold your harasser and employer responsible for the unlawful circumstances that have ruined your ability to enjoy your working environment. Call us now to schedule a free consultation, and allow us to provide you with the comfort and guidance you need to move forward with your sexual harassment case confidently. You do not have to endure this terrible behavior any longer, and you are not alone. Call us now for help.