Employment Attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
If you’re facing employment-related challenges in Rancho Cucamonga, you need an experienced California employment lawyer who can navigate the complexities of California employment law. At Mehtani Law Offices, P.C., we are dedicated to protecting your rights in the workplace and ensuring that you receive fair treatment.
The employment law in the United States determines employee-employer relationships to ensure fair and respectful treatment of both parties. This law includes the working days, payment, and minimum safety conditions at work. The law also determines when an employer can dismiss an employee.
Unfortunately, some employers ignore employee rights as stipulated by the law and end up mistreating the employees. If you suspect your workplace is unfriendly, consult with the Rancho Cucamonga employment lawyers at the Mehtani Law Offices, P.C. today.
Employment Cases We Handle in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The following are some of the different types of employment cases we handle for our clients.
Workplace discrimination focuses on the following employer actions:
- Refusal to hire or promote you due to your protected characteristic
- Firing or demotion due to a protected characteristic or for being a member of a protected group
- Refusal to accommodate your disability-related or religiously-related need
- Adoption of company policy that affects employees disproportionately, especially those in protected groups or having protected characteristics
- Harassment in the workplace
Discrimination at the workplace based on ethnicity or race can negatively impact your mental health by causing depression or degrading your self-esteem. While the law requires employers to protect their employees, some workplaces continue to be toxic with discrimination based on age, religion, race, sex, genetic information, gender, and disability.
An employer should make necessary adjustments at the workplace to accommodate an individual with a protected characteristic where they are qualified for the job. For instance, if an employer receives an employee with a physical disability, they might need to adjust the workstation to accommodate them. They should also allow persons of a different religion to dress or embrace their grooming practices.
Given the complex nature of employment discrimination, it is a good idea to consult an experienced Rancho Cucamonga employment lawyer from the Mehtani Law Offices, P.C. as soon as you detect discrimination to understand your rights and the remedies.
The workplace comprises different relationships and responsibilities. In your work, you might encounter problems warranting action by your employer. The common issues that could provoke retaliation by your employer include:
- Reporting their illegal or fraudulent behavior
- Refusal to engage in unlawful practices
- Reporting incidences of harassment or discrimination at your workplace
- Assisting your coworkers with their lawsuits and complaints
- Reporting wage violations
As you report these problems, your employer should remain positive and avoid acting in retaliation. Unfortunately, most employees, out of their lack of knowledge of their rights, suffer retaliation by their employers, which could include:
- Negative performance reviews
- Reduced wages or hours
- Discrimination based on work schedule
- Sabotage of work
- Denial of promotions
- Denial of promotion
- Wrongful termination
If you suffer from whistleblower retaliation, contact experienced Rancho Cucamonga employment attorneys at the Mehtani Law Offices, P.C. for guidance on your rights and to pursue your compensation.
Sexual harassment is illegal in California, and contacting our Rancho Cucamonga employment law attorneys at the Mehtani Law Offices, P.C. is advisable. Our attorneys will help you to secure full compensation for the emotional and physical damages you sustain from the offensive behavior of your supervisor, coworker, employer, or third party.
Workplace sexual harassments include:
- Physical sexual harassment such as unwanted touching, hugging, stroking, patting, or standing too close.
- Nonverbal sexual harassment aimed at intimidating others by making sexual gestures, winking, or blocking their exit or doorway.
- Verbal sexual harassment, such as the use of demeaning comments.
- Sexual requests or threats.
If you experience sexual harassment at your workplace and report it in vain, you should take note of the incidents and liaise with our experienced employment law lawyers at the Mehtani Law Offices, P.C.. This way, we will help you to pursue your compensation which will include the following:
- Lost benefits and income
- Pain and suffering damages
- Compensation for counseling fees, where applicable
- Reinstatement to your position or job
- Punitive damages
California is an at-will employment state; employers can hire and fire employees for established or no reasons. Despite this, the law protects you against wrongful termination, and you can pursue a lawsuit. Wrongful termination can result from the following bases of discrimination:
- Genetic information
- National origin
- Pregnancy status
- Sexual orientation
- Whistleblowing activities
Going up against your employer for wrongful determination requires indulgence with an experienced employment lawyer attorney who can handle all your case aspects. Mehtani Law Offices, P.C. is ready to help you in your pursuit of the compensation you are entitled to. We will investigate your case and ensure your compensation caters to the financial, emotional, and physical damages, which include:
- Pain and suffering
- Unpaid wages
- Legal fees
- Punitive damages
- Reinstatement to your position
Wage and Hour
As a California employee, you have the right to compensation, and you can sue your employer if they violate your rights in the following ways:
- Failure to pay overtime
- Failure to pay your minimum wage
- Demands for work off the clock
- Failure to provide meal and rest breaks
- Misclassification of employees
If you suspect a violation of your wage and hour rights, contacting a Rancho Cucamonga employment law lawyer is advisable. We will help you determine the violation and provide advice on the next steps, including filing a labor board complaint or wage and hour lawsuit.
Get Help From a Rancho Cucamonga Employment Attorney
Employment laws can be complex for an employee to understand and implement. This is even worse when you work for a reputable organization that violates your rights. Hence, contacting our attorney at the Mehtani Law Offices, P.C. is prudent to uphold your rights. Our Beverly Hills employment law attorneys will investigate your case and walk the journey with you to ensure you get fair compensation. Call us today to schedule your appointment.